Join this dynamic organization as a Lead Business Data analyst! With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for a major client. You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with business needs and technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI's and our client's success.
Lead a team of high performing individuals to analyze , design , build , test and deploy solutions
• Interacting with business and IT teams of various application to understand their data, database and flow within the systems
•Analyzing the application DB to identify the relations, foreign keys, constraints based on scope provided by application team
•Conduct design sessions and work with development team to act as a bridge between Business and Developers
• Analyze and troubleshoot issues , mentor junior resources
• Should take ownership of deployments
•Should coordinate and work with all stake holders such as App team, DBA, Business, Legal others to come to common grounds for designing a working model for every app.
•Should be open to learn new tools and technologies and also shift within project needs.
•Complete work following Agile development methodology and concepts
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Expertise in SQL writing and Data Analysis
• Expertise in understanding RI, constraints, data relation and flow
• Experience of leading a team in high performance agile environment
• 8+ years of experience in several types of databases – DB2 (LUW/Mainframe), Oracle, PostGres, Hadoop others
• Experience in analyzing the database and coming up with solution design per business and application needs
• Expertise in communicating with DBA, understanding all DBA terminologies and working closely with them.
• Experience in testing, debugging and solution designing
• Experience in requirement gathering
• Experience with production environment handling
•Experience in solely handling client business calls and gathering requirements and working with client DBAs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology and concepts
• Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, hive, hql and hbase
• Knowledge of IBM-OPTIM tool is preferable
• Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technologies
• Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Health Care / Health Services business area subject matter expertise preferred