Title: AngularJS / Java Script Web Developer
Location: Remote / Metro Washington, DC Area
Terms: Contract – part time
Duration: 450 hours
Clearance: Must have or be Public Trust eligible
Great opportunity for a freelance senior developer with Java Script and AngularJS experience. We are looking for an AngularJS Developer to evaluate an existing website and immediate needs, provide a technical report, and evaluate the level-of-effort to replace AngularJS with Angular or other suggested software. Additional longer-term work to build this new site may be possible.
Experience in AngularJS transitions to Angular or other software preferred.
· 7+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
· Familiarity with data serialization formats (JSON, XML).
· Understanding of RESTful API design for web services.
· Experience with Webhook
· Experience in source control environments like Git.
· Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
· In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
· Understanding of layout aesthetics
· Preferred 5 years of experience with
· Java Script development
· Rest API & Webhooks
· Front-end development using Angular JS
· Agile methodology
· Strong project management & leadership capabilities
· Ability to work with site product owners & stakeholders to identify current site capabilities and future desired enhancements
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners
· Ability to write clearly, document existing system workflow, capabilities, and processes
· Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
· BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
· Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
· Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
· Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
· Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
· Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
Responsible for leading and performing a full technical review of a site built with Angular JS. Review existing site documentation. Identity any possible, more immediate O&M work, along with providing a plan and level-of-effort to move from AngularJS to Angular or other suggested software. Work closely with product owners and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation of future work.
RIVA Named 2021 Small Business of the Year by Business Intelligence Group
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is a rapidly growing provider of information Technology and Program Support Services to the United States Federal Government. Headquartered in McLean VA, RIVA has over 500 employees in 20+ states across the US. As we continue to expand our services within Management Consulting, STEM, Cyber AI and Robotic Process Automation, we are looking for highly qualified people to join and thrive with us. VivaLaRIVA!
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is an Affirmative and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail This email is created exclusively to assist
disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.