AppD DevOps Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our SaaS Operations team. This is a unique opportunity where you will get a chance to work with an established and rapidly evolving platform that handles billions of requests and massive amounts of events, and other data. It is real time, very scalable, and highly available, and is the source of data for performance and business monitoring, troubleshooting and alerting, data visualization, and analytics. The engineers in this team have a passion for big data and analytics, infinitely scalable and highly available real-time platforms. They understand the importance of data collected from every application and component in a software defined business environment - web, mobile, server, infrastructure, hardware - in enabling the most advanced and effective business and IT decision-making.
In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to automate, enhance, and scale services (our big data platform, for example) in a rapidly-scaling SaaS environment. You will provide deep expertise to help steer scalability and stability improvements early in the life-cycle of development. You will work with the rest of the team to automate existing processes that deploy, test, and lead our production environments. As an advocate for quality and reliability, you'll help ensure that services are designed for stability, scalability, and conform to standard methodologies that you will identify and evangelize. Daily responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing deployment automation and configuration management.
- Enhancing application code and making recommendations to the dev team to ease application operationalization.
- Designing and enforcing best practices and standards for new application services.
- Working with the dev team to ensure application availability targets are met.
- Designing application monitoring to detect and help resolve problems.
- Responding to and resolving technical emergencies.
You have a passion for software engineering, automation, and operations and are excited about reliability, availability and performance. You also enjoy developing and managing real time distributed platforms and services that scale to billions of requests. The ideal candidate has experience working in a rapidly changing environment and pride yourself on being an energetic self-starter with an intrinsic motivation to make a positive impact on the team and the product. You also have:
It is a huge plus if you have,
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in CSE, EE, CSM, or other related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of DevOps or development and operations combined experience.
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Helm)
- Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems, and services (eg. Kafka, Elasticsearch etc.)
- Significant scripting and automation experience (eg. Python and Bash)
- Running services in AWS or other cloud platforms, strong experience with Linux systems.
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment.
- Availability for on-call after hours support and familiarity with tools like PagerDuty.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization platforms (eg. OpenStack, Docker) and container orchestration tools (eg. Kubernetes)
- Experience building and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
- Experience using AppDynamics as an engineer or administrator
- Experience programming in Java or a similar language
- Experience with storage optimizations and management
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
Just a note
- Medical, dental, vision coverage.
- 401k match (4.5%).
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance).
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday).
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.