AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
AppDynamics has been a leader in the Application Performance Monitoring (APM) space for years. We sell monitoring products for Java, .NET, PHP, Python, Node.js, C++ and Go. If you noticed a glaring omission from that list, this could be the role for you! We are looking for a skilled engineer to lead the development of a brand new Ruby monitoring solution.
An AppDynamics 'Agent' is an unobtrusive, highly optimized, fault tolerant library which is automatically loaded at runtime to provide detailed insights into a modern web application. We monitor every line of code, all the time, in production servers around the globe. Your job would be to create the AppDynamics Ruby Agent from the ground up.
The Agent's job is to time every incoming request, to report unhandled errors and exceptions, to detect long running database queries, to track asynchronous calls, to provide server level insights into front-end issues, and a whole lot more. In short, anything you can possibly do with Ruby, we want to monitor it.
Take a look at our website to get a better sense of the power of AppDynamics APM, and how your code could impact the future of Ruby development.
- You live and breath Ruby. Writing a Rails app or two isn't enough. Maybe you've attended a Ruby conference, and stay abreast of trends and evolutions in both the Ruby app development community, and the core language itself.
- You care deeply about testability, code quality and automation. Ideally you would have experience with automated release processes and be able to utilize the latest CI/CD technologies. You also understand how modern Ruby apps are deployed, and can make AppDynamics integration seamless.
- You understand how web applications serve business needs, and how an inefficiency or low-level programming error can cause a significant impact to a company's reputation and bottom line. Maybe you have experience using other APM or analytics technologies in production.
- An added bonus would be prior systems programming experience, working on projects like virtual machines, language compilers, networking stacks, profilers or low-latency applications. Experience programming and debugging C++11 would be ideal.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws , including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify .