Senior Technical Project Manager, Professional Services About Us
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. About the Role
Leads the implementation of AppDynamics enterprise software solutions, provides guidance to customers and ensures the successful delivery of project engagements. A successful project delivers tangible business outcomes for our customers and delights both internal and external stakeholders whilst maintaining healthy financial metrics (on-time, on budget, profitability).
Actively keeps abreast of latest trends and best practice in enterprise software and able to talk authoritatively with customers and instill confidence in the proposed solution.
You will exemplify these traits
Key responsibilities Drive requirement gathering and scoping, mapping technical solutions to business objectives Create detailed project plan and own and drive the successful execution Have good understanding of the AppDynamics solution and steps involved to ensure our customers realize the full value of their investment in our technology Manage a number of parallel software deployment projects for our customers (project plans, project governance, action items, risk log) and complete projects on time and on budget while delighting the customer Establish and lead recurring project status or governance meetings including preparation of materials and working with customer project manager and key internal and external stakeholders to review key project information and maintain visibility and accountability Periodically report, in a concise and actionable manner, project status both internally as well as to the customer and document project progress as per established best practices (meeting minutes, project plan updates, weekly status reports Coordinate and/or manage internal and external resources, both technical (architects, consultants, SaaS Operations) and non technical (best practice, business analysts, management consultants) and promote curiosity and a "path to yes" mentality within the project team Guide customer as well as project team members to a successful business outcome by managing the client relationship and setting and managing customer expectations during implementations Act as a liaison between customer, project team as well as the rest of AppDynamics (sales, customer success, support, product and engineering) throughout the duration on an engagement Contribute to constant improvement of AppDynamics' project management practices Maintain the project within the PSA system as well as other tools including revenue forecasting Autonomously create change orders and services; upsells as required and negotiate to close Critical Experiences
- Curious - Have desire to truly and intimately understand our customer's business problems
- Creative - In finding a sustainable path to yes
- Partnership - To both the customer and to our colleagues outside of services organization
- We sell software for technologists and we speak their language
- Empathetic - Connect at a human level with our customers and be able to walk in their shoes
- Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 2+ years of technical project management deploying SaaS enterprise software for a product company, preceded by 3+ years of technical experience
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Experience managing multiple parallel projects in a software development and/or project management environment where the customer is an external buyer (no internal projects)
- Experience scoping and estimating project effort, as well as sound understanding of project control KPIs
- Experience with MS Project, FinancialForce PSA, SmartSheets or similar a plus
- Adopts a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence.
- Proven evidence of working with different software deployment methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Previous demonstrated experience in at least one of the following technical domains:
- Application Performance Management
- Data Center Technologies
- Virtualization and/or Containerization
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Java (J2EE)
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken) with each additional language a plus
- PMP or similar certification a plus
- Ability to travel
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and f
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
Just a Note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer
and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws
, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify