Provides application design, analysis, programming, testing and documentation for the development, integration, enhancement, and maintenance of information systems solutions.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate complex information systems.
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts.
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- 1 year - Experience with information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards required
- 3 years - Systems and programming experience required
- 1 year - Expert working knowledge of at least one programming language in use at BCBST.
- Proven skill with information technology in use at BCBST is required
- Proven analysis, design, and coding skills, and demonstrated success in leading large and complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Be organized, reliable, and able to manage multiple tasks with exceptional work ethic.
- Leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers
Job Specific Requirements:
Experience with any of the following is preferred:
- Cognos Analytics with Framework Manager experience (SAS is preferred, SSIS is a plus).
- DB2, SQL Server, Structured Query Language (SQL) with strong data analysis skills and high attention to detail
- Health insurance experience specifically with clinical data such as Care Management and Utilization Management
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum Master experience is a plus)
- Self-starter with a persistent and positive attitude
- Able to work on multiple priorities simultaneously and lead project efforts
- Experience with report design and system architecture
- BCBST experience is a plus