Description Job Description:
The Government health and Safety Operation is seeking an Appian Developer to support a program for the FDA in Rockville, MD.
The Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) is one of six product-oriented centers, in addition to a nationwide field force, that carry out the mission of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Center provides services to consumers, domestic and foreign industry and other outside groups regarding field programs; agency administrative tasks; scientific analysis and support; and policy, planning and handling of critical issues related to food and cosmetics. The FDA CFSAN program supports the development and Operations & Maintenance of systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications. FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) is embarking upon a path to establish a modern data warehouse for the center's need to store and access data from varied applications and databases. The newly developed CFSAN data warehouse will provide the foundation for business intelligence and analytics for the stakeholders to make quick informed decisions and reporting.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Appian Developer position, include but not limited to the following:
- Develop applications in Appian business process management and integrate with other COTS products.
- Involvement in all phases of the development life cycle and participation in design sessions, both from custom code as well as architecture stand point.
- Develop and implement the Appian and web-based applications.
- Create various document artifacts including design/ technical approach document, target state diagrams, installation instructions, visio diagrams, etc.
- Building critical Appian based application as well as associated integration components in Java.
- Provide technical guidance to mid-level developers as and when required.
- Participate in customer and team meetings to support various program tasks including design review, stage gates, technical roadmap, production troubleshooting including performance issues, etc. and influencing skills are a must
- Works with business users to translate business requirements into technical designs to map and load data from source systems to the data warehouse
Required Qualifications And Experience:
BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 3 + years of experience in Appian, building solutions and delivering mission critical applications, leveraging Appian platform 17.x and above
- 3+ plus years of hand on development experience to develop in Java/J2EE, Web Service and RESTful services
- 2+ years' experience in HTML, HTML5, CSS, JSON, XML, Java Script, Ajax
- Strong business analysis, model-driven-architecture and model-driven-development - specifically to produce analysis, design, component and deployment models for Appian based BPM applications
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or US Person (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Experience with JIRA, HP ALM, Powerpoint, VISIO, SQL Developer
- FDA domain knowledge
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
HHSFDAExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.