Job Title: Appliance Architect
Location: Manassas, VA
4 year degree in Computer Science OR Equivalent
Scope of Work:
Platform projects with specific focus on Containers and Platform Orchestration.
Senior presence, ability to engage and communicate with varied audience - Developers, Architects, Management and using written, verbal presentation style of communication are all required. Must be able to hands on run proof of concepts, perform technology selection and recommendation, document designs etc.
- Expertise in Virtual appliances based on VMware, KVM and portable formats such as OVA as well as Cloud native virtual appliance formats
- Expertise in lightweight Linux OS suitable for containerized appliances based on Redhat, CoreOS etc
- Expertise in Docker, Kubernetes and Swarm architecture, and building/deploying/upgrading reference Kubernetes/Swarm Clusters as well as deploying application bundles into Kubernetes and/Or SWARM
- Building provisioning automation to personalize Docker app clusters using native tooling such as Helm, Compose, as well as provisioning these using Docker/Kubernetes APIs
- Building the monitoring for K8s/Swarm app clusters using logs, events and metrics. Fluency with
- Strong Infrastructure automation background with tools like Ansible and declarative provisioning
- Experience with deploying static/dynamic Config stores such as Consul, Zookeeper
- Experience with "Zero touch" provisioning and personalization is a plus