Advantage Tech is looking for an Application Administrator for our Kansas City, MO Client.
The Application Administrator ensures that deployments of new applications or upgrades are planned and carried out correctly. The position is responsible for working closely with other teams and our clients during the technical phases of any given implementation project. This role's primary responsibility is to acts as a bridge between the software development staff, business support, and the IT infrastructure team to complete installation and carry out ongoing upgrades and maintenance of commercial and in-house developed software. A key success factor of this position includes coordinating the collection of both pre and post installation data and information essential to installing and configuring Company s software products. This position will be expected to execute on technical projects which may consist of data conversions and consolidations, installation program modifications and the creation of third party integration tools, but not limited only to this.
Principal Functions of the Job
- Execute the installation and configuration of production software products in the production environment. Serve as a knowledge expert in the installation of software products to ensure successful implementation and adoption.
- Work with other IT teams to resolve issues related to application configuration, issues and debugging
- Perform tasks in projects related to production software operations such as installation applications, setup kits, data management efforts and related components.
- Continuously improve the automation of software installations. Be an agent of change for improving technical implementations and reducing mean time to install and the cost to deploy. This means addressing bottlenecks in the installation processes and recommending changes to deployment methodologies while keeping the implementation schedule on track.
- Timely and accurate reporting to client and management on the status of technical implementations
- Adhering to the company s Change Management Policy to ensure that all production changes are communicated, scheduled and documented per policy.
- Develop and support internal toolsets and services to integrate, deploy, and operate applications. Consult with and advise development, product, and operations teams on software release best practices and recommend solutions.
- Provides on-going support of the Company s production platform to ensure availability and functionality.
- Collaborate on infrastructure development and infrastructure testing efforts to meet rapidly growing systems. Coordination proactively with the infrastructure team regarding things such as hardware provisioning and bandwidth requirements is important.
- Improve automated application configuration, deployments, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Work with other teams to resolve issues related to application configuration, deployment, or debugging.
- Understand and adhere to policies regarding access to sensitive data to include PII and ePHI.
- Participate in the training and/or mentoring programs as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, or related field is preferred, or 5+ years of technical implementation experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years' experience with significant analysis and direct work experience in technical implementation of software with complex, mission-critical software deployments
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Microsoft stack components including IIS, .NET, SQL, Biztalk, TFS/VSTS
- Deep understanding of the Windows operating system and Active Directory administration skills and adherence to security best practices.
- Experience with install technologies required. Experience with install Shield and MSI based installation techniques including silent push and update methodologies preferred
- Expertise in scripting, for example PowerShell preferred.
- Application configuration and testing experience.
- Experience with configuration management and release automation tools.
- Experience managing and deploying windows applications and infrastructure.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Customer focused.
- Works well in a team environment.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities