Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is looking for an Application Analyst, PMACS
Summary of Accountabilities:
• Applies knowledge and engages with customers to define goals and objectives.
• Translates customer goals and objectives into documented application configuration specifications and solutions.
• Configures the system according to detailed application configuration specifications in order to meet customer goals and objectives, maintaining a reliable, usable, serviceable, secure, available, accountable and regulatory compliant system.
• Performs general system administration, support, and maintenance.
• Serve as a tier-1 and 2 resource for end-user questions and problems, as well as performs system user training.
• Focuses on meeting customer expectations and working with a customer service mindset
• Conducts facilitated sessions with project team, end users and business owners in order to clarify and define functional requirements of a customer engagement.
• Applies working knowledge of related disciplines as needed
• Maintains high level of expertise through seminars, training and continuous education
• Develops solutions to complex problems requiring ingenuity and creativity
• Decisions or recommendations consistently result in achieving all key project objectives
• Works in a matrix-managed environment in which collaboration and cooperation across teams, departments, and organizations is a key to success
• Performs other related and non-related tasks as assigned by management
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 5+ years of experience working as a superuser, subject matter expert, systems analyst, or similar position delivering high-quality outcomes.
• Proficiency with general system administration including account creation, role-based security, reporting, instrument interfaces, data interfaces, screen design, table design, system auditing and monitoring, etc. Experience in investigating user needs and translating them first into functional requirements, and then into working features and functions within a system.
• The ability to work well with both defined needs, and more ambiguous requirements, and to understand how the customizations must be constructed to support the need of a secure-multitenant implementation in which data is both siloed and shared. Business analyst capabilities in translating concrete and ambiguous user requirements into architectural/programmatic solutions. Must have good communications skills, and be both "client-facing" and "back-office."
• Industry Information Standard knowledge
• Project management methodologies such as PMP/PMBOK
• Hands-on (or similar) experience
• Working knowledge of database technologies/Oracle
• The ability to work highly independently in pursuit of operational, tactical, and strategic goals
• The ability to understand each client's needs, and modify work practices to integrate with their specific lab organizational culture and structure
• A high level of comfort with changing priorities, timelines, and the ability to work in gray areas
• Exceptional customer-facing and interpersonal skills
• Prefer candidates with hands-on experience.
• 5+ years of experience as an analytic or similar position.
• Familiarity with workflows, policies, and procedures. Understanding of basic software testing and validation processes.
• Deep knowledge of an academic/research medical center's unique clients and needs, and how that translates into design, implementation, and support considerations.
• Expertise in one or more structured programming languages (preferably JAVA)
• Desktop / mobile computing practices and technologies
• Performance/stress testing design/criteria
• System Upgrades and modernization recommendations
• Understanding of HIPAA and FISMA practices
• Proficiency with translating customer needs into graphical workflows using Visio or other workflow tool
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project
• Proficiency with database administration (Oracle) and/or writing SQL Queries.
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.