Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine's Information Services area is looking for an Application Analyst
This role will support Radiology Oncology applications such as Aria, Eclipse, and CRS
Summary of Accountabilities:
Responsible for enhancing, supporting, and maintaining an application within the UPHS health system. Responsibilities include optimization of the application through development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Provide technical and functional application analysis, define system requirements, and develop logical date models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity. Works with cross functional application teams and UPHS clients by providing education on system functionality, and configuration of new tools to increase end user productivity within the application. Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols, create and maintain all documentation for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams.
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required:
• Vendor certification preferred
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience required.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Experience in health care IT preferred.
• Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems
• Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
• Ability to interact with all levels of healthcare personnel to include: IT management staff, consulting staff, clinicians, clinical administrators, etc.
• Familiar with process improvement and project management
• Knowledge of basic hardware configurations, database management tools and query language preferred
• Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment preferred
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
• Vendor certification preferred.
• Clinical applications experience in either an application support or implementation role preferred.
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution.
• Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.