Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Provides the architecture solution and design recommendations for medium to large size of the projects based on long-term IT corporate strategy and the overall architecture roadmap. Designs, develops and maintains enterprise level architecture solutions and custom integration solutions including new systems, system reengineering, enhancements and interfaces, functions and features. Uses a variety of platforms and cutting edge technologies to provide automated systems applications to business areas. Drive the solutions regarding the integration of applications across the business. Determines specifications, plans, designs and develops complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes – either individually or in concert with a project team. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Under the direction of Chief Architect, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops corporation programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code reuse. Ongoing improves the development process and rolls out the standards cross the organization. Supports high level architecture design for medium to large applications. Produces the high quality architecture design for the new applications and reengineering applications based on the overall architecture roadmaps and blueprints. Communicates with business owners and the technical delivery staff.
- Technically leads on more complex projects/issues that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Integrates existing infrastructure with new applications by selecting the technology that provides the best solution for business needs. Responsible for design, development and implementation of applications based on business need and integration. Ensures the technical detail design consistent with the architecture design
- Maintains knowledge of and apply industry best practices for architecture, participates in cross-functional component architecture teams, and develops future architecture and technology migration plans. Leads the proof of concept (POC) and technical prototypes cross the teams. Evaluates and selects from existing and emerging technologies the options best fitting business and IT strategic needs.
- Works with business architects to produce business strategy and product strategy and educates the business and technical area about their architecture. Supports senior architects to provide architecture guideline to the overall system design and produce architecture roadmaps cross the multiple applications.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Required:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field or equivalent work experience. 10 + years of experience in multiple IT areas and 3+ years of relevant architecture design experience. Broad experience in project management execution of multiple enterprise level, mid-sized projects; experience in participating in multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups and demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems. Broad experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems. Prior specific experience in developing technical architectures. Broad knowledge of information systems, spanning at least two to four component architectures. Experienced in translating business strategies, across several business units, into effective solutions. Excellent knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle. Good understanding of design patterns and their application at all levels (conceptual, logical and physical). A self starter and quick learner to catch the latest new technology and evaluate the need to leverage it to the systems. As well as:
- Proven previous experience with software architecture design with open mind to pick up new architecture model
- Strong technical leadership and project management skill
- Experience with software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile)
- Strong hands on experience with UML and
- Strong background on multi-platform system integrations, good knowledge and experience with enterprise integration patterns and best practices
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques,
- Experience with mobile technology stack(AngularJS, Node.js, etc), responsive design, open source framework(Spring Hibernate), in-depth knowledge of Spring Integration
The incumbent would have the ability to identify and resolve complex situations in a responsive manner, and take corrective action to eliminate re-occurrence. Demonstrated ability of understanding both long-term and short-term ‘big-picture’ perspectives. Understanding of the business architecture, processes and strategies. Strategic thinking and leadership with excellent abilities in relationship management. Excellent analytical, planning, and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with others and facilitate problem resolution. Ability to anticipate future IT direction to support Corporate Initiatives. Good understanding of application/solution architectural process and practices. Solid lifecycle software development experience with the recent architecture design experience.Preferred:
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Proven experience in the architecture design, development, implementation, and maintenance of medium to large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms (in the health care industry) by leveraging the latest technology. Experience with intranet development and implementation is a plus. Strong hands on application development background are a big plus.
#LI-CS1Department Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 3/5/2020Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship