APPLICATION ARCHITECT - 8595
The Application Architect will j oin a growing, dynamic software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with their world-class financial reporting solutions. With this opportunity, y ou will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. Our client is seeking future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and desires to be in a high-profile environment.
The Application Architect role is a direct hire opportunity in the Raleigh, NC area . This opportunity reports to the VP, Engineering and comes with a competitive base salary , bonus, and benefit package. Local candidates preferred but working remotely is not a problem! Overview
Working with Agile development teams, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing thei r class-leading suite of Financial Software Products servicing the office of the CFO. The Application Architect
collaborates with Product Management to shape conceptual ideas into effective product features, making architecture & design decisions and implementing for optimized speed and scalability.
You will work cross-functionally across software engineering teams to implement cohesive, scalable, and maintainable capabilities for our products. The ideal candidate loves solving technical problems as simply as possible, is passionate about fostering an environment of innovation that delivers and prefers to explain things to engineers with code patterns rather than pictures. In addition, experience with business analytics and data warehousing is essential for success in this role. Responsibilities
- Work with and lead the product development teams across multiple product lines to select appropriate technologies and develop architectural patterns for product capabilities.
- Dive deep to understand areas of technical debt and develop plans to relieve it. Frequently get your hands into the code to help design, implement, and troubleshoot in critical areas.
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable designs that are easy to maintain and extend.
- Ensure that the architectural integrity of the source code is maintained and improved.
- Conduct efficient code reviews and enforce team coding standards.
- Provide technical mentoring to less-experienced engineers.
- Assist product owners in backlog grooming, story breakdown, and story estimation.
- Creates proof of concepts for new ideas that answer key questions of feasibility, desirability, and viability.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Discipline and Perseverance - Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Flexibility and Hard Work - Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Problem Solving - Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality - Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing development best practices.
- Team Work - Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment.
- Effective Communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills - a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-Improvement - actively self-improves through individual learning, coursework, or otherwise.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience as an application architect.
- 5+ years of experience developing Business Analytics and/or Data Warehouse products.
- Deep experience with Java and .Net platforms.
- Experience with ODBC API and SQL.
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC , SOAP, REST, and OData.
- Experience in SCRUM or other agile development processes.
- Experience with APM and log aggregation tools - New Relic, DataDog , App Dynamics, Splunk, ELK stack.
- DevOps mindset with proven ability to architect and optimize an agile CI/CD pipeline including continuous testing.
- Strong experience with modern application development workflows and version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, or Bitbucket.
- Desktop development experience is highly desirable.
Contact Martha Michaux at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and if any questions about your submittal, you can reach Martha at (919) 949-0845. A Word resume is preferred when applying. When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase... it's not about what you know, it's about who you know? At HireNetworks , it really is all about who we know .
Whether your current contract is coming to a close , you're looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to e xpand...let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you. HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.