Our client, one of the largest banks in the US with wealth management, investment banking, and international business, is seeking an Application Architect IV Location:
Charlotte, NC Position Type:
Contract Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a DevOps Support Engineer with SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) background that can perform Production Support and deployment functions in our CICD support team. Candidates will need to triage and support enterprise delivery tools such as Cloudbees Jenkins , Xebia XLR, Ansible Tower and SonarQube. Candidate will also need to perform monitoring and event management via Splunk, AppDynamics, and Sitescope. The DevOps Systems Engineer will perform the following job functions:
- Provide in-depth analysis of platform, system errors and performance issues
- Perform application deployment, migrations, and upgrades
- Ownership of problem root cause analysis and remediation
- Chronic issue investigation for critical application issues
- Lead proactive monitoring review and implementation
- Works with engineering, Development Support, and/or infrastructure teams to implement server or application changes, fixes, upgrades and remediation
- Proactive application stability analysis - investigate performance concerns, error analysis, improve maintenance processes, automation, and resolution of open issues
- Vendor escalation for production issues
- Coordinate and perform disaster recovery exercises for supported applications
- On call support for platform incidents, production releases, migrations, or upgrades
- In-depth experience supporting/administering enterprise level SDLC tools. This includes experience in Application Lifecycle Management /CICD tools including Cloudbees Jenkins, Redhat Ansible, Xebia XLR and SonarQube.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and strong task management skills.
- Knowledge and strong experience with application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Tivoli, Sitescope, and Introscope.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills as well as an ability to be diplomatic in dealings with a variety of areas across the company.
- 7+ years systems support, infrastructure, and engineering experience
- 7+ years production application support
- 5+ years working with Enterprise Linux and/or MS Windows Server in an administrative format
- 5+ years experience with Apache Tomcat administration
- 5-7 years technical Systems architecture & design
- 5-7 years experience with Linux Shell scripting or Powershell scripting
- Exposure and familiarity with application development lifecycle methodologies such as version control and SDLC.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Bitbucket, TFS , GIT strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting Cloud hosted environments, virtual servers, high availability platforms and clustering
- Knowledge of infrastructure components such as SAN, NAS, DNS, Load balancing, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate/present to all levels of the organization, including executive management
- Willing and able to work after hours and weekends when required to support multiple time zones
- Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Must have the ability to work independently and be part of a team
- There should be a strong desire to learn new technologies and enhance skillset
- Experience supporting Oracle and PostGres 10 or higher databases.