Do you enjoy solving business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At Merchants Fleet, we strive to hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build things to benefit our employees and customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is a large reason we are the nation's fastest growing fleet management company. Our Application Architects use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges Application Architects solve at Merchants Fleet are big and impact thousands of customers across the country. Our path forward is not always easy, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a specific kind of person who thrives on taking software development challenges at Merchants Fleet - someone who is excited by the idea of helping create new products, features, and services from scratch while in a fast-paced environment.
You will leverage your extensive experience in leading, implementing, and developing custom Microsoft and web-based applications to lead senior and junior level developers, analysts, and contractors who support applications including custom built applications, internal systems, databases, and reporting.
You and your team will be building, configuring, and maintaining systems across the enterprise using emerging technologies and innovative solutions. You will take a leadership role in our agile process, mentor developers, pair program, unit test, and work with business customers on story development.
If you're ready to ELEV8 your career, come join us on this journey, and help build the future with us! Key Job Responsibilities:
- Hands-on programming in multiple technologies (.NET Core/C#, Angular 2+, TypeScript, Cloud)
- Promotes thorough unit testing
- Takes initiative to learn business and development processes with focus on delivering value to the company
- Responsible for code quality and implementing coding standards that continually improve the team's output
- Responsible for proof of concepts, spikes, and other R&D required to enable future development paradigms
- Work with business sponsors, business analysts, project managers and developers as a cohesive group
- Communicate with other Application and Enterprise Architects to identify issues and roadblocks well in advance of issues
- Communicate with the Project Manager(s) on upcoming changes, events, and schedules
- Commitment to creating quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Ability to translate business objectives into application architecture designs that are scalable, and support our enterprise architecture vision
- Collaborate with team members and the Enterprise Architect to define, mature, and roll-out design and development standards, processes, and tools
- Coach and mentor staff to develop a highly productive team
- Understanding of user story definition process to partner with stakeholders to develop user stories that can be easily comprehended by the business community
- Lead and inspire a team of analysts, developers, and contractors, providing feedback and direction on design and code reviews
- Travel up to 10% as necessary
Tech Leadership | Initiative | Fast Learner | Collaborative | Service Oriented | Hands-On Basic Qualifications:
- 10+ years as a Senior Developer or Application Architect
- 10+ years developing with .NET framework, specifically C#
- 3+ years cloud development in Azure (highly preferred) or AWS
- 2+ years of Angular 2+, React, Vue, Ember, or similar front-end platform
- Knowledge of OAUTH2
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server) and NoSQL Databases.
- Understanding and exposure to multi-environment eco-systems
- Knowledge of Git and Pull Request SCM paradigms
- Experience with Agile project management, specifically SCRUM
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to provide concise status updates to senior IT and business leadership
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- NoSQL and graph data storage
- Lambda or Azure Function experience
*This position is not available in Colorado.Merchants Fleet
is the nation's fastest growing fleet management company, providing flexible funding and service options for organizations that leverage vehicles to run their operations. Merchants Fleet offers comprehensive & customizable fleet solutions, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs. Our programs range from long-term leases to monthly rentals, including unique options such as rent-to-lease and own-to-lease. With over 150,000 managed vehicles nationwide, our expert teams have experience working with nearly every industry, from corporate fleets to last mile delivery to franchise systems. We offer the most high-touch service and innovative experience across the industry, with specialized teams and a FleetTech model that merges fleet with technology to ensure our clients get the best performance out of their fleets. Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and its Innovation Center is located in the Chicago, Illinois area. For more information, please visit merchantsfleet.com.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2020, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
California Residents click here
for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Link to EEO Policy Statement