Please send resume to if you are interested in this Application Delivery Manager opportunity in Bethlehem, PA (18017). This is a full-time position with salary of $130K -$160K + Excellent Suite of Benefits. The ideal candidate for this position will have a programming background and be well versed in Oracle, Oracle DBA skills, Oracle E Business Suite, Oracle Cloud.
The Application Delivery Manager is responsible for overseeing the transaction processing group within technical support. This group is responsible for the enterprise database systems and transaction processing systems that form the basis of our computer systems. This responsibility includes transaction processing security, resource monitoring and reporting, and the development of specialized programs. The Application Delivery Manager coordinates transaction processing software issues with other IS organizations including applications and operations.
- Education: BS or BA degree in computer science or related field (Required)
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Minimum 5 years’ experience in programming, relational databases (Oracle DBA skills preferred) and transaction processing systems, preferably in the enterprise’s computing environment.
- Very knowledgeable on Oracle E-business Suite Applications in an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Employee must have the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing and to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Employee must have exemplary communication (both oral and written), skills. Must be a highly motivated self-starter, with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and take ownership of a process. Must be able to work in a team matrix environment, encouraging information sharing and knowledge seeking, and must possess business skills and have the ability to transfer these skills to others.
- Travel: Travel may occur domestically and internationally as required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs the transaction processing group including setting priorities, coordinating, and reporting of group activities. The Applications Delivery Manager is responsible for the daily activities of the members of the database applications group.
- Provides senior technical leadership to IS and the enterprise including being conversant with the future direction of transaction processing systems, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Serves as a source of documentation and standards to help direct the activities of IS as a whole.
- Works closely with other groups to coordinate plans and activities including coordination to facilitate specific development projects that involve the database and on-line processing, the coordination of software upgrades, and the installation of new transaction processing programs, as well as transaction processing programs developed externally.
- Attends development and design walk-throughs.
- Provides weekly and monthly reports on transaction processing performance as well as forecasts of future utilization.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing transaction processing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Presents at local and national user groups.
- Publishes articles describing both the enterprise's activities and assessments of technology.
- Participates with the hardware and software vendor and others to engage in bet and beta and field testing of relevant application changes.
- Performs at or above the enterprise's Information Systems performance standards.
- Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
- Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.