Title: Application Developer/ Backend Engineer (#3119)
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6 + months CTH
W2 Contract to Hire.
Under general supervision, plans, analyzes, develops, maintains, and supports a moderately complex application or a small system.
Participates in the design, specification, implementation, and maintenance of systems.
Designs, codes, tests, and documents software programs of moderate complexity as per the requirement specifications.
Participates in design reviews and technical briefings for specific applications.
Assists in preparation of requirement specifications, laying out of screens, reports, and forms including documenting and revising user procedures and/or manuals.
Involved with resolution of low complexity software development issues that may arise in a production environment.
Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
Supports existing software application to cover incident management, problem management, and release management.
Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Programming and scripting language experience in one or more of following areas: GoLang, C/C++
- Experience with Cloud IaaS and PaaS platforms
- Experience with back-end service oriented architecture, REST API's and Microservice architecture
- Experience with Linux based OS and related tools
- Must be familiar with relational databases and writing medium complexity SQLs
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools desirable
- Some experience with automated testing tools
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- 8-12 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree; higher degree desirable