Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
HII - Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is seeking an Applications Developer at our US Coast Guard customer site in Kearneysville, WV.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
* Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
* Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
* Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
* Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
* Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
* Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
* Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
* Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
* Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of others on the development team.
* Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
* The application (Security Automation) uses the object-oriented MVC methodology with C#, HTML5 and CSS being the programming languages on a ASP.Net framework.
* 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 3 years relevant experience with Masters in realted field; 0 years experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
* Security + CE certificate required
* Ability to plugin and hit the ground running upon clearance.
* Ability to take ownership and serve as key contributor to projects.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
* Knowledge or experience with security assessment tools such as DISA STIG viewer, and PowerSTIG is desired
* Powershell, Python, IIS and SQL Servier experience is also preferred
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.