Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.Responsibilities
Code, test, and document programs and provide user support
- Software development including testing and preparation of technical documentation
- Architect simple applications
- Communicate well with Agile team members and is a strong contributor to an Agile team.
- Resolve simple programming issues within a single application without supervision and takes ownership of issues and sees them through to resolution
- Quickly adopts new technical skill sets and is proficient with programming tools
- Meets deadlines
- Able to work independently at least 50% of the time and displays judgment in prioritization of work
- Develop applications with user experience in mind
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with four years relevant work experience
- At least two years recent programming experience with Java and/or Typescript (Angular 2+) required.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful services
- Experience with CSS and responsive application design/development
- OAUTH/SAML experience a plus
- Cloud architecture (e.g. AWS, Azure) knowledge a plus
- SQL knowledge a plus
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Follow internal development processes and standards
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Interact with users for programming specification clarification and detail
- Write technical documentation
- Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person
- Perform software testing
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to perform job duties up to 25%.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment InsuranceEEO Statement
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.