Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking an Application Developer in the Tewksbury, MA area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business
. Join our multidisciplinary and expert engineering team for an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection!
As a Software Engineer / Application Developer (C#, .NET, SQL) on our team, you will design and develop new and modified features of software applications for our Security Systems. You will also be developing and integrating processes to legacy systems using identified development tools and technologies. You may also create services (web services) called from external applications to integrate with software application.
You will design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Collaborate with scientific teams, equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of product and internal tools software. Ensure software standards are met. Plan and document functional modules as part of overall system design.
The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a leading role in the modernization and localization of a global AI security the product.
- Participate in all aspects of the development and implementation, working with Engineering and Product Line to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current processes.
- Implement all aspects of an application design, high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing.
- Perform unit level testing on applications.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the implementation methodologies for the technology being utilized in our Windows-based SW product development, including .NET or Java Framework.
- Design and builds product deliverables according to specifications, escalate technical design or specification issues to business analyst/project manager and application development director, and work within a given period to complete coding.
- Follow good development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout product development
- BS, Computer Science or related field and 8-10 years of directly relevant experience.
- As a Windows-based product platform, the Engineer should be knowledgeable in the following:
- Microsoft .NET technology
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019- development system
- Network and operating systems interfaces
- Server technologies: Microsoft SQL Server Database, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and Web servers
- Expert Level C# / XML Development
- Designing, coding, and debugging applications in various languages.
- Familiar with GUI development
- MSCS, preferred
- C++ with Object Oriented Design (OOA and OOD)
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills a plus
- Experience implementing complex algorithms into real time run code
- Familiar with SW spiral development process
- Image processing experience
- Scripting languages like Python and Perl
- Familiarity with MATLAB Programming
- Configuration Management familiarity a plus
Our Tewksbury office is a fast-paced, diverse and collaborative environment, only a short commute from downtown Boston and Nashua. We offer flexible work arrangements and value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation
is the cornerstone of Leidos' comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
#SDASWExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software EngineeringPay Range: