The responsibilities of the Application Developer .NET will include:
- Working with Project Managers to determine needs and applying/customizing existing technology to meet those needs
- Maintaining and supporting multiple projects and deadlines
- Recording work progress on a weekly basis
- Completing all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support
- Developing large scale web/database applications
- Being assigned to units of work, varies from >100 hour enhancements, up to team member on a large project.
- Gathering requirements, functional and detailed analysis/design, testing (unit, integration, system, user acceptance).
- Assist in defining architectural solutions to meet application requirements.
- Providing status to Project Manager/Lead, as needed.
- Analysis/Design , Development (code, unit test, int test, system test, UAT, Implement, and architectural solutions.
*The knowledge and skills listed below are a MUST HAVE. Please submit your resume only if you possess the skills required. Be sure to properly articulate the functionality of your background as it pertains to this role.
- B.S. Computer Science or Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Minimal 3 years in back end software design in SQL Server 2000 or 2005, Stored procedures, ASP. Net, C# , VB.Net
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project manager
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces
- Excellent knowledge of Transact SQL
- Working experience with Content Management Systems
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of software engineering, software development, and implementation of medium to large scale systems across multiple platforms
- Ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines across the enterprise
- Understanding of technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices
- Technical aptitude of multi‐tier and cross‐platform architectures across the enterprise
- Understanding in the information technology landscape ‐ stretching from infrastructure, network, client, server, emerging technology standards and trends
- Working knowledge of software engineering, software development, solution architecture and implementation of medium to large scale systems across multiple platforms
About Sharp Decisions
For more than 25 years, Sharp Decisions has provided superior, award-winning service in strategic business and technology consulting services to government agencies at all levels, as well as domestic and global corporations. With subject matter expertise in Investment Banking, Finance, Healthcare, Media & Telecommunications, and Manufacturing, Sharp Decisions is well equipped to serve your needs.
Headquartered in New York City, with locations throughout the U.S., Europe and Canada, Sharp Decisions has been the technology backbone for a client portfolio that includes an array of well-known companies. As a Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise and approved vendor, Sharp Decisions offers a powerful, cost-effective advantage. We actively partner with other MBEs to add value and meet diversity program requirements. Sharp Decisions is also committed to hiring and training post-9/11, tech-savvy U.S. armed forces veterans through our V.E.T.S.™ (Vocation, Education and Training for Service members) Program.
For more information visit www.sharpdecisions.com