Hybrid Schedule Available
AWG is looking for an Application Developer in Information Technology (IT) to provide support and enhancements to existing applications and processes by performing research, analysis, design specs and complex programming tasks with little or no assistance. This individual needs to have the ability to communicate and work cooperatively with all levels of IT management, staff and business units. Must have a willingness to be a leader within development to support ongoing projects/enhancements of limited scope for strategic, business-transforming technical solutions in IT service and support.
The Application Developer will be in a premier customer-facing role serving as an advisor, subject-matter expert and delivery partner for our customers. As an experienced Application Developer with a focus on solution implementation, you will be responsible for guiding our customers from concept to go-live and rollout. You should be an organized, passionate technologist who has proven work experience in Cobol/Java/JCL/VSAM development, can dive into processes and love applying your skills to solve a customer challenge. More specifically you will be responsible for technical solutions related to Supply Chain and Merchandising tools and applications.
- Serve as a technical lead and go-to resource for designing and delivering integrated solutions and implementation best practices
- Responsible for overall system-wide resiliency, scalability, data strategy, stability and operational efficiency of solutions
- Design solutions that align with industry best practices and AWG’s approved technology stack that address the customer’s needs in a timely manner
- Conduct learning opportunities with other Application Developers and code reviews
- Deliver technical solutions with the highest quality and on time, on budget
- Collaborate with customers to understand their business problem or needs and desired outcomes
- In collaboration with other members of the team, build reusable assets and materials that enable the AWG community
- Mentor/Lead lesser-experienced developers
- College Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree
- 2+ years of application development experience/knowledge within Java
- 4+ years of application architecture experience within Cobol, JCL and VSAM in both new development and support
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing high performing, large scale, and complex systems including integration with third-party applications
- Experience serving as a technical coach, mentor, subject matter expert, and escalation point for our customers, IT teams, and colleagues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accomplished interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating a clear and articulate standard of written and verbal communications to various levels of audiences
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, highly motivated, resourceful and very organized
- Demonstrated skill set of multiple technologies over career and ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to work as a committed member of a cross-functional team, sharing ideas and inputs from different perspectives in working towards delivering an exceptional product experience
- Solid experience with full SDLC – requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment using waterfall and/or agile methodologies
- Desire to both develop code in addition to designing solutions and helping leading others
- Excels in working remotely with remote team members
- Experience with VSAM processing
- Knowledge of AIX/UNIX environments
- Retail, wholesale, or Consumer Product Goods industry experience
- Understanding of Supply Chain and Merchandising tools, applications and business processes
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Containerization technology knowledge (Docker; orchestration tools, i.e. Kubernetes)
- ETL development experience
- Knowledge of Azure/AWS/ cloud or managed services
- Knowledge of event-based/message architectures
- Knowledge or experience with Message Queues, API’s and Cleo/Harmony
Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc, (AWG) is the nation’s largest cooperative food wholesaler to independently owned supermarkets. We are serving over 3,800 locations in more than half of the states in the country from ten distribution centers! AWG also owns and distributes our private labels including Best Choice, Best Choice Superior Selections, Always Save, & Clearly by Best Choice.
In addition to AWG’s cooperative wholesale operations, we as a company also operate subsidiary companies which provide real estate and supermarket development services, digital marketing services, and is a wholesale supply provider of health and beauty care, general merchandise, specialty/international foods and pharmaceutical supply.
AWG has a wide range of departments including retail, HR, IT, sales, management, finance, accounting, and so much more!! If you have a passion for what you do on the daily and want to help feed families in America, then get in touch with our Recruiting department today and see if we can find your next career path!
Make us your BEST Choice!
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- 401(k) with 4% match along with 3 other contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Basic & Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Wellness Program
- Yearly Holiday Bonus