Association Management Center (AMC) seeks a talented Application Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will enjoy solving problems, collaborating with end users and achieving results.
The Application Developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of software solutions for AMC clients. This role will handle web development, system and data integrations, and create complex reporting solutions. This position will also interact regularly with end users and business stakeholders to gather requirements and to validate acceptance of solutions.
The Applications Developer is a member of the Applications team which includes a Technical Architect, 2 mid-level offshore application developers, and a UX/front end developer. This role also works closely with the larger IT team including Business Analysts and system engineers and reports to the Senior Manager, Applications Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with the client and service teams to gather business requirements, discuss the business problems and advise the clients on various strategies and approaches.
- Independently design, code, and test major features as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex solutions. Coding should be done according to the established standards and guidelines.
- Release the software to the different environments such as Testing, Staging and production in accordance with the standards of the AMC Applications team.
- Design and develop complex web applications.
- Recommend standards and develop reporting/dashboard solutions using the enterprise reporting platforms (Business Objects, PowerBI, and Crystal Reports).
- Assist Client Teams with ad-hoc queries and data insights.
- Develop, test and execute MS SQL functions, procedures and scripts and reports.
- Extract, manage, and analyze client data from multiple applications and sources.
- Develop and implement reporting to deliver KPI’s in a dashboard format.
- Maintain Business Objects Suite and associated reports and Universes for optimal and accurate data.
- Maintain and Administer the Reporting tools used at AMC, including Business Objects, PowerBI, and Crystal Reports.
- Provide Association Management System (AMS) support as needed.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in Applications Development developing software using MS technology such as ASP.net and C#
- 3+ years’ experience with Software Life Cycle Development including the use of TFS and deploying releases through multiple environments as part of a repeatable and reversible release management procedure
- Experience with object-oriented design & development
- Knowledge/Experience using ADO.NET; ASP.NET; Web Services; XML, JSON
- Experience with Business Objects, Crystal Reports, and/or PowerBI is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects/priorities
- Knowledge of PHP and other LAMP stack technologies a plus
- Experience with Associations and Association Management Systems such as Personify, iMIS, Member Clicks, is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/information systems or equivalent job experience
Association Management Center does not sponsor employment visas.
Association Management Center is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team in which all employees are welcomed, valued and respected for their individual strengths, perspectives, and contributions
Disclaimer The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.