This application development and support position resides within the Business Systems application team. The successful candidate will be working for one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. The Business Systems application team develops and supports many custom and commercial solutions for approximately 84,000 miles of natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, and carbon dioxide (CO2) pipelines and over 150 terminals for storing and handling various chemicals and other products.
The candidate will lead from a technical perspective the development of custom software solutions, support commercial software, build relationships with key company users, and be afforded opportunities for taking responsibilities and ownership of these solutions. The candidate will engage in challenging assignments with opportunities for growth in their career. Position Description:
- Responsible for leading application design, development, testing, and implementation across multiple systems.
- Consults with business users, business analysts and developers to ascertain common custom development requirements and then transform requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to code, test, and maintain highly complex programs under minimal supervision.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve the business problems using industry standard information technology practices and techniques, keeping in mind the capacity and limitations of the hardware/software, system response time, and form of desired results.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Analytical thinking capability to be able to identify effective and efficient problem resolutions.
- Ability to multitask effectively and regularly works under deadlines.
Position Requirements Position Requirements:
- Experience in the project life cycle: design, development, testing, migrations, and implementations. Good interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate systems requirements verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working on multiple assignments during the same timeframe and juggling tasks based on relative priorities with supervision commensurate with grade level.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Team player, values input of others and strives to solve problems for the good of all.
- Can represent own interests and yet be sensitive to others.
- Is cooperative and encourages collaboration.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Related Field.
Kinder Morgan Offers:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with software development, requirements gathering, business analysis, and software development methodologies.
- Diverse knowledge of multiple programing languages/technologies:
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server relational databases. Specifically, Triggers, Functions, Stored Procedures, and Views
- Experience with the use of technical geography, proficiency in using GIS software to perform spatial analysis and in utilizing GIS programming scripts/languages and the use of Esri software tools is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Petroleum Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Experienced technical troubleshooter.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work directly with customers.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Medical/Rx and Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Program
- Paid Bus Pass or Parking
*Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience and job skills of successful candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.