Warren, NJ Salary:
Our client is currently seeking an Application Developer for a full-time/permanent role (W2 only). Looking for someone with 3-7 years of development experience primarily with web services (this is not a senior level role).
The Application Developer is responsible for coordinating application development including analyzing, designing, testing, documenting and troubleshooting of in-house custom software, third-party software integrations and custom interface solutions by performing the following duties. They must be able to communicate clearly and concisely to internal customers ranging from executive level management to support staff. The successful candidate must have a wide range of skills and knowledge in the application development process in a Microsoft environment, ETL tools and techniques, knowledge of current RDBMS technologies, and familiarity with Web Services. This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Analyzes, designs, codes, and tests new application development and enhancements in accordance with company standards on schedule and within budget
- Provides technical troubleshooting, support and resolution to applications problems
- Creates and maintains documentation, including: business requirements, functional design, technical design, implementation plans, and user guides
- Prioritizes and responds to business users questions and requests in a timely manner so that functionality can be delivered to the business as quickly as possible.
- Assists in estimating level of effort for new development, fixes, enhancements; identifying high level tasks and resource requirements
- Participates in the analysis and requirements gathering processes and develops design specifications.
- Proven ability to function in fast paced small team environment.
- High level programming languages and formats such as Java, Transact-SQL, JSON, XML, Java Script. Familiarity with C# and ASP.NET is a plus.
- Ability to learn and use various IDEs including SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, Talend, Laserfiche Workflow, and other proprietary vendor tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with IT and business communities.
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds for production systems issues
- Familiarity with all aspects of the SDLC, from requirements definition through production support
- Project time/budget/resource estimating to identify estimated completion time.
- 2+ years MS SQL Server development experience
- 1+ year experience with ESB/ETL Tools (Camel, ActiveMQ, JMS)
- 1+ year SOAP/REST Services experience
- Familiarity with GOSU or .NET preferred but not required
- P&C insurance experience preferred but not required
- Guidewire experience preferred but not required
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com