Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) offers a diverse solution portfolio that allows organizations to better align strategy to execution. Our four core disciplines – Management Consulting, DevOps, Software Quality Management and Organizational Development – provide the visibility, planning, and agility needed to accelerate strategic change. Today, more than hundreds of organizations have made the right business improvements to optimize processes, instill governance, ensure security, build future leaders and capitalize on success. Founded in 1996, VIP has delivered measurable results for commercial, federal and state and local organizations big and small. VIP has offices across the U.S., including its corporate headquarters in Folsom, CA. For more information please visit www.trustvip.com.
Join VIP: A strategic approach to accelerate your career!
The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for performing State Hearing Department related duties on a professional level and works closely with other team members in supporting the goals of the department. This position may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: Analysis and Interpretation of Functional Requirements, configure application utilizing proprietary platforms and other technologies, Advance knowledge and/or experience programming in various languages which include Java, Java Script, jQuery, and SQL, Advanced knowledge and/or experience in web application, relational databases, J2EE architecture, and testing. Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops web applications using J2EE application architecture, Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse, using relational databases such as MS SQL Server, and/or Oracle using Agile software development methodologies
- Works with Project Manager, Scrum Master, and Coordinates with technical team
- Responsible for the development of Deliverables related to technical design
- Participates in Technical design meetings, and daily Scrum meetings
- Attends weekly staff meetings and monthly team meetings
This job operates in an office setting which incurs moderate noise and aromas consistent with a business office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some physical attributes are required, for instance, manual dexterity/typing, read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation, the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. as well as, ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 4 years of experience in a Senior developer or Lead Developer role, along with the following:
- 2 years of experience with J2EE application architecture, Relational databases, Agile software development methodology
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent number of years of experience, plus 4 years of relevant experience,
Position: Application Developer
Category: Information Technology
ExperienceLevel: 4-8 Years
LocationName: VIP - Sacramento
EducationLevel: Associate's Degree