Alert Five, Inc. is seeking to fill an Application Developer role in Washington Metropolitan Area. Alert Five, Inc. is dedicated to providing Cloud Computing consulting services to the government and commercial markets, in areas of Cloud Development, Migration, and Operations.
Position: Application Developer
Location: Washington Metropolitan Area
Position Type: Contract position
Travel: Local travel (POV) on an as needed basis within the WMA.
Alert Five is seeking an Application Developer who will help to deliver and support an array of enterprise level applications that enhance the ability of our client’s training capabilities. More specifically, the developer shall support the development of tools to assist training providers in managing classroom reservations, the curriculum review process, training program calls, data collection/analytics, and the automation of core training functions to streamline business processes and improve communications.
· The employee shall develop the business logic for both front-end and back-end systems.
· The employee shall design service architectures, and user interfaces.
· The employee shall design database tables, queries, and other operations.
· The employee shall work with team members, managers, and customers to identify requirements.
· The employee shall develop action plans to implement new requirements.
· The employee shall use JIRA to capture requirements, manage tasks, and track project progress. The employee shall coordinate with stakeholder(s) to prioritize activities and ensure quality and timely products.
· Demonstrated experience application development experience using Java and JSP.
· Demonstrated experience designing web application APIs.
· Demonstrated experience with version control software like GitHub or Subversion.
· Demonstrated experience developing web-based databases and providing reports generation.
· Demonstrated experience using ServiceNow.
· Demonstrated experience with MySQL, Express and MongoDB.
· Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services or cloud development and deployment.
· Demonstrated experience with PHP.
· Demonstrated experience with PowerShell.
· Demonstrated experience with Joomla.
· Demonstrated experience with copyright and accessibility compliance (WCAG 2.0 AA).
· Demonstrated experience using Tableau.
· Demonstrated experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Demonstrated experience working with JIRA.
Clearance: - TS/SCI -FS POLY
Alert Five, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits program including various options in these plans:
If you are interested in this position, please send me a copy of your latest resume at with the information requested below: Also, please let me know what time/number is best to call to discuss this great opportunity. In case you are not interested in this position or this is not a right fit for you, please feel free to share this opportunity with your friends/networks or anyone you know who may be interested in this position. Thank you!
- Availability to start a new job
- Best Rates
- Contact #
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any question (s) you may have. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Alert Five, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital/parental /veteran status, disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, military service, other non-merit factors, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.