Please send resume if you are interested in this Application Development Manager opportunity in Washington D.C. (20005). This is a full-time opportunity with salary of $165K + Bonus + Benefits including Generous PTO and 401K Match. This opportunity is 100% Remote during Covid Pandemic with expectation to work onsite in DC at some point in the future where we offer 2-3 days WFH a week.
Responsible for managing the applications development team that designs and develops custom technology solutions and integrates off the shelf solutions and cloud services. Together with the Director, Enterprise Architecture, guides the team in advancing cloud technologies to fulfill business and technical requirements. Responsible for ensuring compliance with Systems Development and architectural policies, procedures, and standards. Responsible for ensuring code quality standards are maintained and improved with evolving changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience in all phases of systems and application development.
- Four or more years’ experience with Agile Software development methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of AWS cloud services with AWS Certification is preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact with highly technical staff and with business area users. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing. Experience providing support during non-business hours. Experience as a leader handling competing priorities, organizing and managing work efforts underway.
- Attention to detail and follow up is essential. Ability to be flexible and handle stressful situations is essential. Ability to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of IT best practices; knowledge of the financial services industry and securities market is preferred.
Previous working knowledge of following technologies is preferred:
- .Net Framework, MVC, .Net Core, C#, ASP.NET
- Familiarity with database technologies like Oracle and SQL Server
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Services
- Knowledge of working with CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of working with Windows based applications
- Provides direction and manages the applications development team that designs and develops custom technology solutions and integrates off the shelf solutions and cloud services.
- Recruits, motivates, evaluates, and develops staff ensuring an understanding of individual and department goals and responsibilities; provides regular performance feedback.
- Creates an empowering environment for staff to learn and grow and fosters a culture of innovation with AWS cloud native technologies.
- Maintains, supports, and upgrades existing systems and applications.
- Ensures licensing compliance of all development team tools and related COTS and cloud software
- Maintains and improves the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes with a goal of fully automated application deployments.
- Identifies skill-set competencies and training objectives necessary to support technologies and architectures employed in current and future systems.
- Works with the Director of Enterprise Architecture and the Program Management Office (PMO) for systems development resource allocation to development teams.
- Identifies and reports on KPI’s to help assess progress with development systems quality, complexity and performance.
- Updates and ensures compliance with Systems Development and Enterprise Architecture policies, procedures and standards and adherence to Technology Delivery methodology
- Responsible for benchmarking Systems Development practices, recommending improvements, and measuring progress towards goals and objectives.
- Provides input into the continuously evolving two- to three-year strategic plan for the Systems Development area and assists in the execution of the plan to reach the desired state
- Works with Enterprise Architecture to establish architectural principals and patterns to be followed during development of systems, including new systems and changes to existing systems
- Develops and maintains standards, policies and procedures for the System Development and CI/CD pipeline
- Works with consultants and internal or external subject matter experts as needed to identify technologies needed for systems
- Performs necessary activities for compliance with Regulation Systems Compliance and Integrity