Application Development Manager What we need:
We are looking for a technical manager to lead support, maintenance and enhancement of our industry leading web based financial applications. You will guide your team to resolve technical issues, establish release schedules and ensure development meets quality and design requirements. A true all-rounder, you're comfortable both leading the team and doing hands on work, and you can seamlessly move between development and support work. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support, and work in partnership with internal/external stakeholders including product managers. What you will do:
Qualifications What you need to have:
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise level, high availability web applications
- Support multiple web applications in a primarily Linux environment
- Collaborate and manage 3rd party vendor relationships, develop suitable integration solutions, and coordinate regarding resolution of issues and maintenance activities
- Provide technical thought leadership and be a strong collaborator with domain SMEs, application architects and development teams and management
- Provide monthly metric reports on system usage, application availability etc. to Senior Leadership
- Manage support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users
- Develop custom automation/monitoring to streamline support processes
- Resolve and document incident and service tickets in a timely manner according to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or assigned completion dates
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring problems by partnering with other teams to develop long-term resolutions
- Work with offshore development/support teams
Really catch our eye with:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering or software development of complex project initiatives involving Java based technology stack (Spring Boot, Hibernate etc.)
- Proficiency in development/support of high-performance distributed software systems, APIs, and or web services including (Mule API Manager, REST, XML, JSON)
- SAML 2.0 or OAuth
- 5+ years of experience with API Gateway, microservices, SAML based SSO to 3rd party platforms
- 3+ years of experience with containerized applications (Docker, Rancher etc.)
- Strong data background in SQL programming including PostgreSQL, functions and procedures
- Experience with client-side frameworks, preferably AngularJS
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with GIT version control system and deployment software such as Jenkins
- Exposure to project tracking and change software such as ServiceNow, Atlassian Jira
- Team management and planning
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Experience in Fintech/Financial Services
- Experience with customer facing web based financial applications
- Experience with Centrify Identity Management System tools
- Interest and experience with Drupal or similar CMS technology
What we give you in return:
- Ability to build strong relationships across organizational boundaries
- Outstanding communication skills
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years. About Cetera Financial Group:
Cetera Financial Group ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology.
" Cetera Financial Group " refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors , Cetera Advisor Networks , Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists , First Allied Securities , and Summit Brokerage Services .
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law.
Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Cetera's Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
Please Note: Cetera does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered the property of Cetera unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees