A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com . Role Description
The application development manager will support line-of-business data needs from an end-user-perspective. The role will additionally act as a technology advisor for new business onboarding including bringing in additional data sources into Investment datawarehouse, infrastructure upgrades and corporate mandates that could impact business systems or functions. The Application Manager supervises developers to provide solid design oversight for new projects and break/fix and code modification, engaging with and managing vendors as needed, working within the global delivery model, and ensuring actions are appropriately prioritized and assigned to development teams to address identified problems and to ensure on-time resolution.Primary Responsibilities
- Experience in implementing large scale project in the Investment Datawarehouse domain.
- Have good domain knowledge in Mutual Fund Equities/ETF knowledge
- Have good knowledge in Fixed Income accounting dataset feeding into Datawarehouse.
- Working experience with multiple stake holders to build consensus on the way forward in the technical design.
- Analyze system requirements and design migration methods for existing datastores to new Datawarehousing platform.
- Coordinate with the Data Science team to identify future needs and craft requirements to move business forward.
- Evaluate and ensure the required application production support is sufficiently staffed and trained for the data warehouse platform.
- Triage data issues and evaluate the root cause identified by the production support team.
- In-depth understanding of database modeling and DBMS principles.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
- Collaborates with the Vendor Onsite Lead.
- Lead onshore and offshore consultants in getting the work done.
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving attitudes.
- Participate and influence data governance where stake holders from multiple LOBs congregate and drive best practices and data consistency within NYL.
- Working knowledge with the business client reporting teams.
- Problem solving and innovation required in addressing challenges that arise in the projects.
- 15-20+ years of overall experience.
- Understanding and experience in building and supporting investments Datawarehouse .
- College Graduate Degree preferred, or in lieu of a degree, will consider qualified candidates that have the required skills and work experience
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Oracle is required.
- Hands-on experience in Linux and Python.
- Hands-on experience in ETL such as DataStage / Informatica and other comparative tools.
- Hands-on experience in RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau or QLik.
Familiarity with data virtualization tools such as Dremio or TIBCO.
- Familiarity and some working knowledge in Business Object Universe, WEBi and Crystal report development.
- Working with cloud / externally hosted platforms.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at
Job Requisition ID: 82827