First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.comJob Summary
Innovation is a top priority. Here, you'll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together innovative leaders and technology experts to modernize foundation and core services supporting our suite of 24/7 applications. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a cutting-edge IT organization within First American's Data & Analytics division. Join one of America's leading financial services companies and a Fortune 500 Company.
In this role, you'll manage a group of technical professionals (typically skilled exempt level employees) who have responsibility for operations and project outcomes. The team is responsible to provide customer support for external clients and will also have responsibility to manage all InfoSec mandates. Tech stack is MS: C#, .Net Core, SQ server, familiar with AWS. Knowing Veracode and CSSLP will be a plus.
You'll provide direct and indirect supervision of multiple teams.Responsibilities:
- Contributes to project reviews and approves detailed designs and cost estimates for projects.
- Sets priorities on daily operations, provides input to and administers cost center spending.
- Participates in long-range departmental planning.
- Recommends methodologies.
- Interfaces with management inside and outside of the company to provide input to operational decisions and to clarify or modify project plans, and/ or schedule requirements.
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews, and provides ongoing performance feedback. Makes hiring recommendations. May get input from Sr. Manager/ Director in these areas.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for positions that report to him/her.
- Regularly interacts with senior management and peers in other departments for purposes of gaining cooperation, exchanging technical information, and presenting project plans and reports.
- Facilitates work and problem resolution between work groups. May lead cooperative inter-department projects and/or process improvement efforts.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Varies by department. Department directors identify, document and communicate technical skill and knowledge requirements for each job in their department.Management and Leadership Qualifications:
- Successful track record of managing operations; and designing, developing and managing the execution of projects in area of expertise.
- Ability to develop and implement processes to ensure compliance and quality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and between departments.
- Strategic Management: Ability to communicate the function's vision and the department's direction, and set aligned goals for team. Provides resources and implements systems to measure results.
- Team Development: Ability to select, coach and develop talent and hold employees accountable for results. Supports change and fosters collaboration.
- Ethics: Deals with others in an honest manner, assures adherence to company policies, addresses questionable business practices.
- Customer Focus: Fosters customer loyalty and demonstrates commitment to customer satisfaction. Keeps customers apprised of progress and ensures commitments are met.
- Communication: Provides others with reliable information, creates and delivers accurate reports and presentations. Uses good listening skills. Negotiates effectively.
- Normally requires Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Tech stack is MS: C#, .Net Core, SQ server, familiar with AWS
- 5+ years of technical experience as a senior contributor.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory or management experience in a similar technical environment.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.