Piper Companies is looking for an Application Development Manager and Architect in Horsham, PA for a leading Mortgage solutions company.
Responsibilities for Application Development Manager and Architect
• hands-on Application Development Manager/Architect responsible for rearchitecting and rebuilding an existing web application using the PERN stack (PostgreSQL, Express, React and Node.js).
• Your primary responsibilities will be as a hands-on architect leading the transformation and managing the Scrum team. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
• You will be building a React web application and Node REST API from scratch in a fast-paced development environment.
• Architect and build a PERN stack application in AWS
• Manage and mentor a small team of on and offshore developers
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Participate in Agile Scrum ceremonies including daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospectives during two-week sprints
Qualifications for Application Development Manager and Architect
• Minimum 8 years of web application development experience
• Minimum 5 years of full stack Node.js development experience
• Minimum 2 years of React.js development experience
• Hands-on experience with AWS required, preferably with ECS and Lambda
• Experience managing a team of on and offshore developers preferred
• Solid understanding of modern React, including hooks, context and Redux
• Extensive experience building RESTful APIs with Node.js and Express
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application, including asynchronous programming and caching
• Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
• Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
• Experience with Agile software development lifecycle tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps
• Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering preferred, but will consider equivalent work experience
Compensation and benefits for Application Development Manager and Architect
• 150,000 - 160,000
• Comprehensive benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k