Application Development Senior Specialist
Portland, Bloomfield, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Denver & Nashville as work locations and/or Open to WAH 75% of time - 1 week a month required in Portland
This role involves a senior contributor, working hand-in-hand with a veteran team of software developers who are creating exciting new features for customers.
A successful candidate should have:
- Ability to think strategically about the product as well as technical challenges.
- Demonstrate a "dev-ops as culture " mindset.
- Desire to work in a team of high performers, who hold each other accountable to perform to their very best.
- Desire to work in a highly disciplined agile team, focused on continuous improvement.
- Take on the most challenging aspects of software implementation, actively contributing code and creating the critical code foundation on top of which other members of the team can build.
- Architecting, developing, testing and deploying highly scalable distributed systems and data processes.
- Re-use existing software development practices where possible for productivity but also introduce new trending industry practices and tools where appropriate.
- Deliver needed project functionality for specific deliverables but deliver in such a way that the value is useful to the organization in the long term.
For more information please contact Sherry Yoder at 615-236-8598 or email@example.com
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on in-depth experience of AWS is required, both in terms of core technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, ...) as well as more recent cutting-edge paradigms (e.g. Lambda, API Gateway, Fargate, ...).
- Experience in developing microservices and complex microservice-based platform architectures
- An individual with knowledge of distributed network architectures and network security is required.
- Experience with real-time data sources and message ingestion for processing by filtering, aggregating, and preparing the data for analysis using technologies such as Spark Streaming and Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Firehose.
- Candidates with AWS Associate or Professional Level Certification are highly desired.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least three, typically five or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.