The Jr. Application Engineer
will be part of an agile sustainment and systems integration support team that supports defense health interoperability products and DoD's mission to deploy an industry leading electronic health record (EHR) system. The engineer will oversee and execute deployment of the products across development, testing, integration, and sustainment environments and will integrate the products with other defense health systems, veteran's healthcare systems, and private sector healthcare providers and information exchanges.
- Integrating five custom-built defense health systems, multiple COTS products, and a growing number of interfaces with external systems to ensure seamless and reliable flow of health data.
- Using industry leading tools, such as Ansible Tower and GitHub, to continuously improve software release and installation processes.
- Resolving complex client application, integration, and environment issues, including identification of code defects, product configuration errors, and certificate problems.
- Implementing automated application and environment monitoring tools.
- Analyzing and studying complex system requirements and providing recommendations to client leadership on new technologies and processes to consider in future system development efforts.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor prohibited by applicable law. Responsibilities
Are you Computer Science graduate seeking to gain real-world experience? ASRC Federal is seeking a Junior Applications Engineer with solid skills in Java (and Linux preferred) to join our growing team in Charleston, SC. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Apply today and let's talk about next steps.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, MIS or other related field desired
- Proficiency with Java EE, JBoss EAP, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, WS Frameworks, SOAP, REST, Oracle or SQL Server, JBoss, and WebSphere, with a deep willingness and desire to learn new technologies. 0-2 years in systems administration, application engineering, or software development.
- US Citizenship with an active Secret clearance; candidates with an inactive or an ability to get a Secret clearance will be considered
Currently have Security + and an OS cert OR ability to obtain within 3-6 months of employment