Paradyme Management Inc. is a consulting organization that aligns information technology and business processes to drive measurable results. As an organization, Paradyme focuses on providing exceptional customer service to its clients, welcomes every employee into an atmosphere rich in collaboration and saturated in culture. Paradyme employs smart, dedicated, and driven employees who not only embody the mission and vision of Paradyme, but aid in supporting and strengthening organizational culture overall.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Implementation and development of large multi-tier API / web services, data integrations and related web applications
- Knowledge of programming languages, Java, C#, VB, and/or Python programming languages
- Advise customer on understanding of API / web service architectures and concerns - Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, security, high availability, load, performance, encryption etc…
- Experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JSON, RSS, NewsML and other API formats.
- Experience using and developing SOAP Webservices APIs using XML formats.
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed systems eg. Celery, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.
- Knowledge of data stores and related topics - NoSQL and RDBMS - eg. Memcached, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- Experience with dependency management, build & release and automation tools (Pip, Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo, Puppet, Docker, chef, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages and related frameworks and libraries – primarily Java and Spring framework.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and integrates enhancements or new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new major software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Prepares and provides software-related documentation.
- Provides status reports for ongoing work.
- Coordinates and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Acts as mentor on Agile teams.
- Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among programmers and analysts.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
Bachelor’s degree is required: Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related field
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol, WebSocket, SSE, and other web technologies
- The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects is essential. Strong self -motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be a team-oriented individual, energetic, result & delivery oriented, with a keen interest on quality and the ability to meet deadlines.
- 5 years minimum software development and engineering experience
3+ years hands-on experience with complex builds systems
- 3+ years developing with Java: J2EE and/or Spring
- Hands-on experience deploying Applications to IaaS and PaaS from Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Services
- Experience with technologies used for service registry like Etcd, Consul, Zookeeper, Curator, Eureka etc.
- Containerized applications on Docker
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes, Swarm, or Pivotal CloudFoundary
Paradyme is a federal contractor and a SBA HUBZone certified, EEO and an Affirmative Action Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy-related disability, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, personal appearance, occupation, citizenship, veteran or military status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.