As a “Professional Services Application Engineer” you work with the Professional Services Team collaborating with sales colleagues, presenting prospect solution presentations during the acquisition phase. You analyze and immerse yourself in the customers needs to define optimal solutions based on our portfolio. You act as project leader when implementing our solutions together with our professional service department and conduct onsite customer training, workshops, software installation and consulting services.
You will build industry know how for our pre sales activates, analysing there specific requirements and understand their business drives and needs, and translate them into a technical solution. You will keep yourself updated on new features in the products and transform functions to the message of customer value. You interact with all departments within EPLAN USA and international colleagues. Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of software. Up to 75% travel will be expected.
What you will be doing:
- Pre Sales activities, customer and prospect presentations and solution demonstrations at commercial, industrial or other establishments
- Prospect and customer development, coaching and analysis
- Build industry know how
- Onsite customer consultation and training
- Presentations at trade shows
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Electrical Control Panel Design or OEM Automation.
- 3+ years using CAE tools for electrical/ hydraulic/ pneumatic system design in industry.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Exceptional social skills
- Capable to independently complete project deliverables and collaborate across interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Experience with panel building, systems integration, and manufacturing
- We will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be authorized to work on an unrestricted basis.
- Up to 75% travel will be expected.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- This position reports directly to the Technical Business Manager.
- FLSA Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- EPLAN Software & Service LLC is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
- Major Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Retirement: 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick time, and bereavement leave
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company-paid term life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Life & Personal Accident Insurance