Description of Work:
- Provide Client IT Modernization Domain-specific liaison support for the IT Modernization Infrastructure Domain and Application Platform Services (APS).
- Support the APS Platform Architects in weekly meetings with Project Teams
- Utilize Jira to create and manage backlog of tasks/activities for Project team support.
- Support APS Platform Architects and Project Teams with assigned tasks/activities as indicated in Jira.
- Provide direct support to sandbox and Proof of Concept (PoC) projects (non-lifecycle projects).
- Create, update, and manage APS documentation using Confluence.
- Coordinate Client's Modern Development Environment (MDE) pipeline updates and testing.
- Bundle and manage artifacts for new container PoCs using Maven.
- Create and provide Open Shift ?101? presentations.
- Provide systems engineering, research, simulation, testing and innovation technical expertise related to migrating IT infrastructure to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RedHat Open Stack Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) clouds.
- Review and consult on best-in-class government and industry modernization technology and competencies.
- Review and consult on risk management and mitigation techniques (i.e., evaluation, modeling, simulation, and prototyping).
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed:
- Bachelor?s Degree and 7 years of relevant experience, or Master?s Degree and 5 years of relevant experience, or High School Diploma/GED and 11 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years of experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- 2 years of experience working with Nexus IQ, Nexus Repository, Ansible, and Maven.
- 2 years of experience with designing and implementing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RedHat OpenStack and OpenShift cloud technologies and infrastructures.
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain a public trust or higher clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience configuring RedHat Open Stack and Open Shift and AWS IaaS, PaaS, and Hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Experience with 4 or more of the following: Bitbucket, Jenkins, Mattermost, PostgreSQL, Selenium Grid, Sonarqube, Splunk, and/or Dynatrace.