Database Administrator supporting all aspects of database administration for Open Source DBMS platforms deployed to support the Automation Initiatives (RPA). Will be expected to maintain a strong level of IT industry knowledge and industry trends and how they impact the environment. Implement relevant best practices on Open Source DBA operations. This DBA must understand the Open Source DBMS technologies such as Oracle’s MYSQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB. A successful candidate will support business partners when called upon in the role of subject matter expert. The DBA will be called upon to support all automation operations that will be included in the RPA initiative, including, assuring consistent backup and recovery solutions are in place. This will include planning and implementation of disaster recovery operations, and planning of operational database resiliency.
Primary Job Responsibilities/requirements:
- The candidate should have practical experience in development and production environments including design, support and deployment of new applications in one of the leading Open Source DBMS Technologies.
- Preference given to candidates with MySQL and/or MongoDB.
- Ideal candidate has supported multiple Open Source DBMS technologies.
- Will work in all DB environments - Development, Integration, UAT and Production.
- Will handle on-call and weekend workloads.
- Experience in database backup and recovery planning and operations in an Open Source environment required.
- Experience in planning and executing database operations to insure high availability, operational database recovery and disaster recovery planning.
- Completing database maintenance operations for optimal performance.
- Will oversee database performance analysis, investigation and recommendations.
- Will plan out database storage and deployment.
- Implementation of database and object access and privileges as well as data fixes in adherence to Chubb Compliance requirements within the specific Open Source technology.
- Communications ability is key - various levels of business and technical contact. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively to all levels. Crisp, concise delivery of technical information a must - will be part of the interview process.
- Experience with rapid deployment or agile deployment projects as all initiatives will have aggressive project timelines to provide Chubb business with a competitive advantage over our competitors.
- The DBA candidate will cover full range of environments. DBA will serve as system, development and production DBA. The candidate will work with the new team including engineering and operations to install, configure and deploy each Open Source technology.
- Participate in problem and incident management as needed.
- Continually review and enhance database monitoring and alerting
- Partner with PMO and technical teams on project execution
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Five years (or equivalent knowledge) of hands on technical database/DBA support
- Oracle’s MySQL, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL knowledge preferred.
- Beneficial, but not required: S3 Emulator, Solr, Nexus, RIAK
- TSM knowledge preferred.
- Process Automation and/or WorkFusion experience is a plus.
- Excellent problem determination skills, and the ability to debug problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection
- Ability to work independently and on a team with colleagues across the globe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven with the ability to manage workload without direct supervision
1140 US Highway 22, Suite 310 Bridgewater, NJ, 08807