We are seeking an Application Programming Interface (API) Specialist for Folio Financial, Inc.'s Product Development team. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for driving and supporting design and implementation of next generation retail investing, digital advice, and financial advisor solutions. Performing analysis, product design, and supporting software development at Folio, your role is to increase the capability, usability, and supportability of existing products, as well as supporting new technology initiatives of new products.
* First line of support and troubleshooting.
* Handle multiple, concurrent issues and requests.
* Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance.
* Participate (as needed) on internal project initiatives.
* Work independently to resolve assigned issues and complete project efforts on time.
* Create and maintain system implementation, maintenance and other documentation.
* Interact with partners to drive development requirements and customer implementations.
* Safeguard the environment by following all Information Security best practices and procedures.
* Investigate and when needed, quickly escalate any potential information security events.
* Minimum of 2 years working in a technology driven financial services environment.
* Demonstrated financial markets knowledge.
* Experience with APIs such as ReadyAPI, SOAP, or REST.
* Basic SQL knowledge.
* Ability to quickly learn a diverse ecosystem of products.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to track multiple tasks.
* Excellent written and verbal communication - able to communicate with all levels of internal and external clients.
* Perform tasks and engage others with a positive attitude.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.