GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation's top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.Required Experience
- Proficiency with architecture, design, implementation, operationalization, and troubleshooting Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) tools such as Rapid7 insightAppSec, Netsparker, WebInspect, AppScan, etc.
- Understanding of Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline tools and processes (e.g. Azure Dev Ops, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience in software engineering and software development, including modern web applications and technologies
- Strong working knowledge of security fundamentals including OWASP Top10
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Remote position but up to 25% out-of-town travel may be required to client locations in our North Central region
Educational & Professional Credentials
- Threat Modeling - ThreatModeler & SD Elements
- Experience with additional web application scanning tools (e.g. Static (SAST), Interactive (IAST), Dynamic (DAST) and API testing, etc.) including Qualys WAS, Acunetix, MicroFocus, Veracode, Burp Suite, and similar.
- Strong working knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycles and experience remediating technical vulnerabilities identified by web application scanning tools
- Understanding of automated security testing approaches and tools
- Experience in building and operating security within CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with proactive integration of security into the development process
- Past development expertise or operational or consultative experience supporting application security teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 600 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,000 Enterprise-Level customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company's success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.Some added perks....
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums with generous employer family contributions
- 11 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment