A security consulting firm is looking for an application security engineer to join their continually growing team. You will ideally have experience coding in a major language (Python, Java, etc.) and be familiar with static and dynamic application security testing (SAST/DAST). This 100% Remote role is a provides an opportunity to join a great culture of other security-minded people.
This is a client-facing role and will be a mix of utilizing application security testing tools and explaining coding bugs, vulnerabilities, and best practices. While an experienced application security / software security engineer is preferred, there is room for training for strong developers who are only beginning to get into the security side of things.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years' experience in software development and/or application security
- Strong knowledge of programming skills in at least one major language such as:
- Previous experience with static and dynamic application security testing tools (SAST/DAST)
- Strong communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer, Application Developer, Programmer, etc
- Prior client-facing consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% SAST/DAST
- 20% Programming
- 10% Security Code Reviews
- 60% Hands On
- 40% Consultation
- Competitive Salary: Up to $175K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Fantastic Medical Insurance & Premium coverage for employees
- 100% remote work, including personal Internet/telephony compensation
- Flexible working hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.