The IT Application Security Engineer is considered an application security subject matter expert and is adept at blending industry best practices in application development and secured coding practices. The position assists solution development teams in designing, creating, and implementing secure solutions using formal project, program, portfolio management, and/or resource management standards, software, processes, templates and tools that align IT Security to corporate goals. The team member in this position will communicate, recommend and define training and support standards, support software processes and tools within the ITS department and the business community, and serve as technical lead of projects or large subprojects.
- 5+ years of experience in application development, secured coding, ITS Solution Development, and/or ITS Security
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio technology suite, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Extensive experience working and coordinating multiple simultaneous projects and programs, including those that are outsourced (vendors, consultants and/or contractors) and cross-functional
- Previous technical lead experience preferred
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new and established computing architectures
- Technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new and established computing architectures and environments
- Knowledge of relevant technology, tools, databases, and development techniques is critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, organization, and team collaboration skills
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Comfortable with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Curiosity to learn and understand business objectives, and how IT strategy enables them In depth understanding of project management concepts
- Possesses good follow-through, administrative and organizational skills, is able to multi-task and has interpretation skills for the review of reports and data from all areas of the company.
- Possesses customer service orientation.
- Possesses ability to define methods to measure processes and standards, and has an independent and innovative orientation.
- Able to work cross-functionally across ITS and the business areas, and with all levels of Meijer team members, project leads, management and vendor partners.
- Adaptive, flexible and responsive to challenges, change and customer business cultures.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Security, Information Assurance or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Agile/Scrum, Lean and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
- CISSP certification preferred
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification preferred
location: Walker, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Validating SDLC security checks and balances followed at each step of development processes
- Ensuring developers receive regular training regarding secure code development
- Perform regular assessments of applications in conjunction with the Risk Evaluation group
- Ensure that third party products properly address security (privacy requirements etc.)
- Ensure latest security controls exist on legacy applications
- Lead and direct others in application security-focused initiatives across the IT organization
- Managing outsourced development activities
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- application development
- secured coding
- Microsoft Visual Studio
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.