Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics andReporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support,Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Managertranslates business strategy into work programs and processes. Directslower-level managers or team leaders or directly manages a specialty function.Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planninginput on all information technology and client/business area issues and in thedevelopment of a technology environment which meets current and anticipatedbusiness requirements and objectives. Participates with management in thedevelopment of technology products, service standards and development effortsthat impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between theclient/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderatelycomplex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides theclient areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve theproduction services environment. Employees in this job code must manage people.
**Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not beconsidered for this position**
Job DescriptionManages multiple functions or units within the Teradata environmentManages application support analysts & Architects andmakes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performancemanagement and compensation decision-making.Supports systems through maintenance, modification, problemresolution to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations.Formulates/designs systems scope and objectives for the applications/development of a major project or multiple lesser projects.Responsible for instructing, directing, and checking thequality and timeliness of other systems professionals.Works on most difficult or complex systems. Provide expertisein determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture forinitiatives.Provides training and technical assistance to Team members.Provides Technical and Domain subject matter expertise for onboarding Applications from other Teradata platforms and other RDBMS systems onto EDM Teradata Platforms and Act as Data warehousing Consultant and DataAnalyst of the Banking Datawarehousing Applications.Provides Data Lineage capabilities for Datawarehousingapplications for DR, Audit and Regulatory Reporting.Provides Data Analytical Capabilities to develop strategicplans. Perform Teradata Catalog Analysis by running queries on PDCR/DBC tablesand create reports to clients as per their requirements.Participate in the design, development and implementation ofTeradata architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessmentand optimization of system design and review of user requirements.Conduct impact assessment and determine size of effort basedon requirements. Contribute to the determination of technical and operationalfeasibility of solutions. Understand the functional requirements for complexdata warehouse rollouts and transform them into technical requirements.Develop prototypes of the system design and work withdatabase, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriatethroughout development and implementation processes. Coordinate multipleprojects with competing deadlines.Exploring the New Teradata Features and setting up TeradataStandards and Benchmark and publishing to Developers. Support Teradata softwareupgrade installations and new feature testing and adoption and participate inPlatform upgrades and Load recovery.Review and provide code remediation for inefficient SQL codeidentified by Teradata Operations and the DBA Group for Production code and enduser SQL QueriesIdentify and drive process and system improvements to enhanceefficiency. Reduce the total cost of application by improving the efficiency
- 4 Year Degree Computer Science/Software Engineering orrelated degree program, or equivalent application development, implementation and operations experience
- 7+ years’ experience applying Technical SQL expertise in writing and teaching efficient use of Teradata SQL and using and analyzing Performance Statistics from the Teradata PDCR/DBC Database
- At least 3 Years Development experience in Mainframesand Unix.
- At least 3 Years’ Experience on AutoSys & CA7Scheduling.
- At least 3 Years Management experience. Strong leadership presence. Can-do attitude. Positive and proactive leadership style
- Experience with optimal database design and SQL coding andunderstanding of ETL
- Experience with Release 15 or newer of the Teradata- Experience with Utilities and DBA and Developer toolsavailable for the Teradata System.
- Support Teradata software upgrade installations and newfeature testing and adoption & Benchmarking on new technologies or features
- Database development experience, including Data Architectexperience working with ‘Big Data’ technologies such as ETL tools, and large datasets
- Strong knowledge in Banking and Financial domain andperformed Data analyst/Subject Matter Expert role in various Data warehousing Projects.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly those relatingto complex findings and presenting them to ensure audience appeal at various levels of the organization
- Ability to coordinate activities related to specialinitiatives or operations
- Mentoring of team members
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Extremely knowledgeable of industry standards and trends
- Be able to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to integrate research and best practices intoproblem avoidance and continuous improvement