A well-established and growing law firm is looking for an Application Support Analyst / Desktop Support Technician.
- Under direction of Regional IT Manager will perform a variety of applications support duties.
- Provide advanced technical and informational assistance to users of the firm's computer system in a timely, accurate, and courteous manner.
- Install software on PC's, including desktops, laptops and tablets.
- Assist with the installation, configuration and support of Windows-based applications in our network environment.
- Provide support for various audio/video conferences, presentations, shows, etc.
- Perform product testing to ensure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
- Provide after-hours technical support and coverage when needed.
- Perform routine support on computers, printers, and other peripherals, connecting to wireless network, clearing paper jams, replacing toner cartridges, relocation and/or temporary setup of computer equipment, re-imaging, etc.
- Resolve software-related calls referred by the Help Desk, as needed, when the calls are beyond the scope of the Help Desk staff.
- Install new software packages on Firm computers, and assist users with getting started becoming self-sufficient with firm technology.
- Document software installation instructions and applications that are customized for the firm and implement selected software.
- Remain current with enhancements made to firm supported software packages as well as other packages that might be beneficial to the firm in the future.
- Perform functional, boundary, stress, regression and performance tests.
- Document any and all defects into a problem management tracking system.
- Assist project teams in defining requirements and explaining defects.
- Provide one-on-one instruction on the use of new firm supported software applications as needed.
- Provide audio/video and multimedia support in meetings and conference rooms within the office and off-site events.
- Assist other staff members with special projects as required.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned project deliverables and identifies implementation issues in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Adherence to firm's technology standards, data protection and security awareness policies and procedures.
- Keep manager informed on the status of work/projects, problem areas and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other departmental duties as required by managers in the LAX Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with computer users regarding problems and questions.
- Ability to understand and translate technical material for non-technical users.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- General knowledge of PC LANs and networks including Windows.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and upgrades to existing applications.
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired during four years of high school.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Windows and network environment.
- Previous experience in the legal field is desired.
- Previous experience teaching computer applications and writing documentation for applications is desired.
- Analyst will spend a lot of time teaching (in a one-on-one situation), as well as doing, as part of an ongoing process of making users more self-sufficient.
If you are interested, Apply Now!
Optum Professional Staffing LLC