CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed Technical Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding roles for the following opportunity:
CGS is currently accepting resumes for an Application Support Analyst for a full-time position with one of our clients. This person provides software support for internally developed Enterprise client-server and web-based applications connected to a SQL Server database and aids in deployment in the field. The individual will be expected to gain a thorough understanding of product architecture, technical components, and application functionality in order to support the external customer base.
- Resolves customer inquiries by responding to telephone calls and email requests for technical, application, and deployment support.
- Delivers timely and high quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates application functions and user needs in order to instruct and advise users in use of software, manuals, and other documentation.
- Designs and creates SQL scripts and utilities and uses knowledge based tools to solve complex technical issues.
- Works with case management tools providing case monitoring, status updates, documentation, notification, and customer communication.
- Manages customer situations where a customer is experiencing greater than normal difficulties. Coordinates internal and external resources, summarizes case history, schedules conference calls with relevant parties, and follows up as necessary.
- Interfaces with R&D resources to bring escalated issues to resolution.
- Sets up lab environments to conduct testing and reproduce issues. Verifies issue resolution by creating & executing software test plans and documents results.
- Performs remote customer software upgrades and installations of related hardware.
- Will ultimately be expected to provide on-call coverage during non-business hours and weekends on a rotating schedule. Due to the mission critical nature of problems that could result in the loss of life and property, this requires the ability to independently analyze, diagnose, and resolve critical problems in a very short time frame.
Possesses an intermediate knowledge of enterprise, database, Internet, spreadsheet, email, word processing, & CRM software and the environments in which they are used.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL Server Query Analyzer
- Troubleshoots effectively using reading, probing, analyzing, and interpreting skills.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to customers and peers.
- Enjoys helping customers use software tools to find solutions to business problems.
- Able to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Able to manage a variety of customer situations.
- Monitoring application analysts should be familiar with concepts of interfacing third-party hardware and software.
- May be assigned special projects including documentation review, beta participation, product demos, and presenting technical forums.
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications
- Experience with networking components, TCP/IP, and ODBC is helpful.
- Curious about how things work & demonstrates creativity in problem solving
- Self-motivated, pursues training/development opportunities, continuously builds skills
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After eight consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.