About the Team:
The Application Support Engineer will be part of the Development Team, which is an integral part of the larger, global Professional Services team. The development team is responsible for delivery, testing, maintenance, and support of Professional Services solutions in conjunction with the PS Operations team and PS Solutions team.
The PS team is responsible for the delivery of client specific solutions leveraging the Intralinks Platform and Product Suites. The solutions delivered may include client specific projects or Use Case solutions created for future sales. The PS team is comprised team members of varying roles and skillsets located throughout Asia, EMEA, and North America.
The Application Support Engineer responsibilities consist of supporting Intralinks Professional Services solutions. The Application Support Engineer will assist cross-functional Subject Matter Experts (SME) and The Application Support Engineer will often have to troubleshoot and resolve configuration problems during solution implementation and ongoing end-user support. The Application Support Engineer will also be a liaison between the Support organization and other teams including Development and Operations.
Day to Day:
- Collaborate with leadership across design, product management and engineering to establish Ideation sessions for our products
- Work jointly with Product Marketing to distill inbound market insights and opportunities, and outbound to help craft messages that capture successful business outcomes derived by use of the product
- Assess ROI for product development initiatives to optimize business value delivery through product backlog prioritization
- Contribute to build/buy/partner discussions and work jointly with product marketing to make recommendations supported by a business case
- Establish key product differentiators and ensure that the field understands them and how to develop trap questions that pinpoint the corresponding weaknesses of competitive products
- Develop professional-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
- A Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in application testing and quality assurance
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Ability to document configuration changes and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide front end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities.
It would be great if you also:
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- XML / JSON / YAML
- Testing frameworks (Xunit)
- REST / Swagger / Open API
- Version Control Systems (GIT or SVN)
- Agile software development (Scrum, Kanban or XP)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- AWS or Azure Cloud Experience
- Messaging (Active MQ, Rabbit MQ)
- UI design (design principles, wireframe creation, etc)
"Intralinks is the platform of choice for secure content distribution and collaboration. We continue to invest in new ideas to evolve our company and provide value to our clients. Intralinks Professional Services team is an energetic and collaborative team where you can grow your career." #WhatLinksUs
#LI - SH1
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.