Application Support Manager , Incident Management
Hoboken , NJ
# of openings:
Responsible for leading Application Support team within the IT Production Support area. Manages day-to-day support ticketsfrom users needing application support. Interfaces with vendors that provide applications for business processes.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports Applications assigned by the IT supervisor and IT manager including both internal and external (vendor) applications.
2. Provides Level-1 support for all IT Production Support service tickets.
3. Communicates with the software vendor Customer Service Representative (CSR) to address and resolve application issues.
4. Tracks and maintains lists of Application issues and defects.
5. Works with third party vendor contacts to handle day to day vendor-related issues.
6. Creates test plans and perform unit and regressions testing of returned software fixes.
7. Arranges release, maintenance, and patch testing.
8. Trains Bank (U.S.A.) staff in the use of supported systems.
9. Reviews requests for in-house Vision reports and extracts and supports programmers with Business Analysis, as appropriate.
10. Reviews project requests for applications, assists with completing BRDs and interfaces with the IT budgeting process, as appropriate.
11. Provides backs up for the AVP responsible for the SWIFT gateway application for RMA Agreements.
12. Participates in the implementation of bank projects in line with the bank s strategic plans.
13. Performs job responsibilities according to the firm s process guidelines, that are based on the industry-standard ITIL framework for effective management of IT services.
14. Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things.
15. Enhances employee s knowledge and understanding of job responsibilities through continuous communication and on the job training. Training should focus on establishing high quality/accuracy of work.
16. Performs all the duties of Incident Manager.
17. Performs all duties as assigned by Management.
1. Bachelor s degree or equivalent in business or information technology.
2. Five-plus years of Global Plus Production Support experience, including familiarity with Settlements of Cash and Securities (within the overall Financial Services / Banking industry), and familiarity with Corporate Actions. Preference for familiarity with Securities Lending, as well.
3. Familiarity with Global Plus s Vision Reporting (report output, not necessarily programming).
4. Basic knowledge of IT hardware and infrastructure.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including MS Office / Outlook tools.
6. Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with user issues.
NICE-TO-HAVE (but not required)
1. Some experience with business analysis and project management.
2. Knowledge of SWIFT and SWIFT gateway applications.
450 Fashion Ave Ste 808 New York, NY, 101230808Contact