We have an immediate opening for an Applications Specialist / Applications Administrator at our downtown LA location.
The Applications Specialist / Sr. Applications Administrator will lead in strategic support of all enterprise applications (ERP/CRM, CMS, Ecommerce, Microsoft Office 365, etc.) as well as various departmental custom applications. Working in collaboration with other IT staff, she/he will simplify and enhance support for current operations and future business needs. The environment is dynamic and fast-paced, so the ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure is required.
Reports to the Director of Business Systems. Coordinate activities with the other support staff; develop and maintain effective relations with vendors and service providers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer, troubleshoot, and support internal business applications. Includes current system maintenance, enhancements and upgrades, and system performance monitoring, tuning, and necessary follow-up:
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of services and user training; consult with the team, management, and customers as needed.
- Identify functional and technical requirements and specifications including current and future systems and processes.
- Plan and facilitate solution evaluation, testing, deployment, and end-users training while working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Coordinate system administration activities system and application monitoring, problem troubleshooting, management of accounts, system security, backup and restore, bug fixes, and upgrades.
- Oversee review, approval, and implementation of all application and system customizations including report writing.
- Assess potential risks to the existing environment; recommends options, costs and benefits, and impact on other operational processes and system priorities.
- Maintain application and operating standards, policies, and procedures for responsible areas.
- Ensure inventory of systems applications as well as documentation of critical activities.
- Monitor and maintain third-party contracts, services, and subscriptions to ensure an optimal level of service and integration.
- Collaborate with business units and other support teams to leverage, simplify, and enhance support and services.
- Assist in efforts to ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met: PCI DSS, CCPA.
- Maintain operational continuity and disaster recovery plans required by the business (for applications you support).
- Assist with budget planning by providing technology acquisition, operation, and maintenance costs. (Previous experience is a plus)
- Stay current with broader industry and technology trends and update job knowledge by participating in educational/developmental opportunities.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- A bachelor s degree is preferred. One in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field from an accredited university is even better!
- Relevant certifications are a plus
- Non-profit experience is a plus (esp with apps that support fundraising and/or donor engagement)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and related strong listening skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical (or business) people
- 3-5+ years experience in an Application Support/Administrator, System Specialist or equivalent role.
- This would be for Windows OS, Office 365, Active Directory
- And for 1 or more of the following:
- ERP, CRM, or Ticketing/Fundraising/Donor Engagement Systems
- Website and/or CMS support (in addition to the above is a preferred)
- Basic SQL skills with some ability to do reporting would be a big plus (SSRS, Cognos, Tableau, etc.). If not, we'd love you to learn to do this!
- End user training, documentation, & support required
- Experience working with internal collaboration tools is required (messaging applications like Skype for Business, etc.)
- Experience working in a compliant environment is required (SOX, PCI, etc.) just in terms of understanding what compliance means for data in an application.
- Natural project management skills are desired (professional PM skills are not).
- Strong documentation skills (see above).
- Excellent communication, leadership, customer service skills, as well as ability to work independently with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced analytical abilities with critical thinking and operational vision; advanced decisionmaking and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail and proven organization and project management skills; successful in fast-paced and quickly changing environments and priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Vendor collaboration skills are desired
- High business acumen, knowledge, and professionalism.
Specializing in creative and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT and Creative professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.
Kore1 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kore1 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Kore1 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.Improper interference with the ability of Kore1's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.