Join team responsible for leading the business in effective use of commercial applications and in-house solutions as well as serving as a mid-level, independent contributor with advanced expertise in their area of responsibility.* The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to perform a variety of support activities, including but not limited to the remediation of problems of high complexity and risk, often with multiple simultaneous tasks while working effectively as part of a team, including the ability to work with business users, as well as software developers.
The position can be located in either the Chicago or New York Office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Escalate and track issues when immediate resolution is not possible.
- Ability to explain complex problems and concepts to all levels in the organization.
- Serve as an escalation point for application problems of high complexity.*
- Self-starter who can anticipate issues that could delay or impact projects or create production problems and proactively resolve them without direction from others.
- Design solutions to unique application problems of high complexity and/or broad impact.
- Ability to instill cooperation and/or resolve problems on activities that span other areas such as other systems areas, network areas, database areas, and applications development.
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required.
- Apply technical expertise and work independently within scope, receiving moderate guidance and direction from work team and/or manager on large, highly complex support tasks.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Detailed understanding of generally accepted software development methodologies.
- Must have expertise in applications for document management and project/issue tracking.
- Ability to manage a work queue in a ticketing system, and provide guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Prefer a working knowledge of the financial services industry.
Technical Skills Needed:
- Extensive knowledge administering and supporting OpenText Content Server 10.5.
- Extensive experience with configuring binders, categories, facets and classifications.
- Experience in Records Management and WORM Compliant features.
- Experience setting retention schedules, creating RSIs and configuring storage pools.
- Understanding of overall OpenText server architecture including Blazon, AdLib and OpenText API/AppWorks.
- Strong +: Experience administering and supporting JIRA or comparable project management system.
- Strong +: Experience with JIRA add-ins (i.e. Tempo Timesheets, easyBI, Portfolio) or API/ScriptRunner.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide technical support for application issues of high complexity and medium-to-high risk.
- Develop support and operational application documentation as needed, and implement standardizations for processes and procedures related to application support in the applicable area.
- Monitor applications and resolve/escalate outages as necessary.
- Take ownership of tasks as assigned to ensure successful remediation; getting support from Software Engineers as needed.
- Work with business representatives and Software Engineers to understand business requirements and the reasons for them.
- Support business representatives and other Software Engineers as needed with implementation and release activities as needed to ensure a successful delivery.