Application Systems Administrator
Apex Systems is looking for an Application Systems Administrator for one of the nations largest cruise lines! This is an exciting opportunity to work for a great company while also traveling the world. The Application Systems Administrator will live on board the ship for 2-3 weeks at a time. In addition to meeting the job requirements below this person must have an active passport. Please see the details below, if you are interested in hearing more about the opportunity please send an updated copy of your resume to Danielle Lorenzen at Application Systems Administrator - Back Office Systems (Fidelio)
- Provide varying levels of production support for the following applications: Fidelio, Micros, Symphony, APASS, Embarkation, Gangway Security, other Point of Sale Systems, VING, Mobile Applications, Key Cards, RFID.
- Lead shipboard projects (upgrades, dry docks, new builds, enhancements), requiring server/application builds in our lab environments and on site shipboard deployments.
- Responsible for day to day operations of shipboard Lab and testing environments. Including working with teams responsible for equipment and associated processes.
- Provides application, operational, and technical support for back office applications onboard the vessels and across all brands.
- Provides thought leadership and day to day operational support for research and development and new technology rollouts to the ships.
- Implementation of system enhancements, internal/external development and support efforts, and support of the shipboard lab environment. These vary from simple process and application changes to large capital project implementations.
- Work in all phases of project development and deployment: Initiation, Planning, Executing, and Closing.
- Participate in the research, planning and implementation of technical solutions that will meet present and future systems needs of regional shoreside offices and shipside departments within the context of corporate needs and goals.
- Maintain a high level of expertise with back office applications.
- Seeks the most effective alternatives to present to executives in order to meet the needs of the business and the ships.
- Minimum 5 years work experience with Fidelio SPMS is required
- Prior work experience in the cruise line industry preferred (Dry docks, Newbuilds, Day to day operational support)
- 25% to 30% Annual requirement for domestic and international travel (Note travel requirement for RTS will be at least 4-5 weeks at a time for the next several months)
- Qualified locally based or remote candidates residing within driving distance to an international airport hub.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or